Year 2

Welcome to Penhaligon Class

Hello!

Mr S Barnes
(Year 2)

My name is Mr Barnes and I am the teacher in Penhaligon class. I am very lucky to be joined and supported by the wonderful Mrs Morris in Year 2, we have worked together for a number of years now and are looking forward to another successful and fun one. Thiss will year will be our first year using our new curriculum and I cannot to get started with the children. Over the course of the year we are going to explore a number of different exciting topics.

Over the course of the year we are going to explore a number of different interesting topics. We will start with and Art and Design based topic called Muck, Mess and Mixtures and then move onto a History topic called Movers and Shakers. Both of these topics will allow for a range of learning and fun across all subjects.

A great way to keep up to date with learning in Penhaligon Class will be through our Class Dojo page. I will use this to show you learning and activities we have completed in class and keep you up to date with key dates.

Home Learning for this children will be shared via Class Dojo on a Friday afternoon, it will be an English or Maths activity that should take no longer than ten minutes to complete. Once your child has completed the learning you just need to send a picture to let me know how they got on. As well as this I will share the weeks spellings for the children to practise, and a times table. Spellings and times tables will be tested on Friday mornings and your child’s score will be recorded in their reading record.

As we do across the school, the children will have PE twice a week please therefore ensure that your child has a full PE kit, including trainers, in school at all times. Also, please label all uniform and PE kit, as you can imagine, there can be quite a lot of confusion when everyone has the same clothes!

As well as having Mrs Morris we have another little helper, this time in the form of my dog! Arlo is a miniature labradoodle who just loves everything! He comes into school with me on a number of days, but mostly Friday’s. He joins us in class and is there to help listen to readers, support with learning and just for a stroke if you need cheering up!

If you have any questions please come and see me or email me at sbarnes@perranporth.cornwall.sch.uk